Monday, April 11, 2011

Gratitude

March 23rd, 2011

I'm really grateful today. Why today? I have no idea. I look at my life and ask myself  "How in the world did I get so lucky"? How did I get to be where I am today. I know it started with great examples in my life. My parents who taught me from an early age right from wrong, respect your family, respect the elderly, respect your friends, but most of all respect yourself. I am a reflection of my family. If I do wrong, I wrong the ones who taught me right. I have a family that is forever. Parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. People who love me, who would do anything for me, and people who admire and cherish me. I have a husband. I look at him everyday in awe. He is so spiritually in tune, he loves me, he loves his daughter, and he loves the gospel. He always puts us first. I wait so impatiently every night until he comes home from work. That's how it should be, I think. Never losing the excitement for each other. Never forgetting how it was when you were dating. You hear how things change with time and marriage, but not us. We still have the excitement, we still have so much fun with each other, we laugh and joke around constantly, we still love us. I'm a parent now. I look at my daughter I'm sure the same way my mother looked at me. The love I have for her is overwhelming. I never thought I could love someone so much. Parenthood changes us. It's feels a void you never knew you had. It makes you better, it makes you stronger, it makes you happy. It also makes you worry. I worry more now than I ever have. I told Ben, I can't have anymore kids, because the worry and anxiety I have with one is about to give me a heart attack! :) lol...lol I'm sure if you ask any parent the majority would say the worry is worth it.  :)  I sure hope mine did.
I'm grateful....what more is there to say!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing woman Ashely Brooke! I am so grateful for you. You have such a precious little family. Your daughter couldn't have a more amazing mother than you.

    ReplyDelete