Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Well here I go......

I always said I would NEVER. And I mean NEVER EVER start a blog. Well, here I am starting a blog. I don't think my life is interesting enough for someone to go and check us Shapiro's out. So here I am just hoping someone will check us out.
As most of you already know. We are expecting a baby girl in November. November 6th to be exact. Many thoughts are running and I mean dead sprint running through my mind as we prepare for this little tyke. I don't think anyone can prepare you for pregnancy. The throw ups, then eating every 3 hours, the throw ups, then eating every 3 hours, the throw ups....wait did I already say the throw ups? Oh yeah I did. My hips are bigger, my face is fatter, my butt (so I think) is the size of China....oh oh and I am hungry every 3 hours!! ha ha! With all of this being said. My husband claims he doesn't see a difference! I CALL BS on that one! But really if your husband still loves you and thinks your tummy is still sexy then to hell with the cottage cheese and new dimples! Okay so we still hate it, but a supportive husband makes all the difference.
(That is until you walk by a mirror naked and yell HOLY $&*! is that really me!!! OKAY ENOUGH!! )

On a more serious note. I would like to start my very first post out by dedicating it to the best mother and father a girl could ask for. And I can only hope that I can follow in their footsteps and be the kind of parent to my baby girl, as they were to all of us.

Dear Mom and Dad,
I wanted to let you know that I am forever grateful for the both of you. The sacrifice you made for all of us kids while growing up has never gone unnoticed by me. How you worked to keep us fed, clothed and happy. You and Dad never quit on any of us kids and still haven't and is something I hope to carry on to my own kids. It's sad how fast time passes and how the cycle of life works. We rely on you our whole lives. We go to school then we graduate. Then we move out and go to college or serve missions. We grow up way to fast. We get married and lose the last name that has defined us our whole entire life. We have our own kids and we share our lives with you. You think your job is done. But your job starts all over again with grand kids. And the greatest thing I think you can see from your kids, would be that we are using the same strengths, the same morals, and the same values that you and Dad instilled upon us. I am who I am today because of you and dad. I married a man who resembled the same morals and values and respect as my own father. I would have only known what I expected from a man because of what I learned from my father. And the type of mother I want to be will never be questioned because of what I valued and learned while watching my own mother. You and Dad should be proud of yourselves. Proud for raising kids that love to be with each other. Who have an open relationship that anything that comes to mind we can say(out loud) Proud that we want to be like the both of you and proud that we all turned out as well as we did. Proud that your grand kids love you more than their parents :) And proud that we can verbally tell each other we love each other. I am Proud to be your daughter and I am proud to call you both my best friends. I am excited to be a mother and I can only hope that my kids love me as much as we love and admire the both of you!

Until Next TIme....


Until next time

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Ash. That's awesome. I'm sure your folks are bawling their eyes out! I'm glad you started a blog. I can't wait to see posts about your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissy I love you! Such a great post. I couldn't agree with you more with everything you said about our parents and family. We are so kick ass! ;) lol I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny! I saw you today eating might I add.. Ha Ha.. I was too. It must have been your 3 hours break. You did NOT look big at all. You looked so cute! Great post! I'll let you know when I start my blog.. Any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, oh my goodness. What s sweet post. You are going to be an amazing mother. You are the most genuine, kind, caring person I know. I'm so happy you started a blog because you can bet your bottom dollar I will be keeping tabs on it. I love you shims. Thanks you for being such a incredible friend to me. Your friendship is so special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Ashley! Another new little cousin to add to the family. I love it! I finally got to meet Whitney's little Ada last weekend. She is adorable. You will be a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha oh I think you know what it means!! LOL.....LOL...We all know what it means! LOL

    ReplyDelete