Sunday, October 16, 2011

August 2011

Dear Baby,
During the month of August you did many new things. You love to Rarrrr at your dad and mimic everything we do. You love to click your tongue. You acknowledge your dad and I when we walk into the room by saying Hiiiiiiii! It's so cute and melts our heart every time you do it. You rock back and forth like you're ready to take off and crawl. You love to point to different things in the house. We ask you where the light is and you point to it. You point when we ask you where the clock is and where the ceiling fan is. You also love to point to the birds that are hanging over your bed. (Th Mobile) It's so cute to watch you learn new things. When I ask you where DaDa is you look at him, as well as Grandma, Papa, Aunty HayHay, Uncle Jordan, Uncle Dallin, Jaden, Easton, and Addi. But my favorite is when your asked where mommy is and you look right at me and smile. Even though you're not saying Ma-Ma, you know who I am! :) You also love to pat Ma-Ma and Da-Da on the shoulder. We pick you up from your nap or in the mornings and you make the sound Awwwwww, and pat us on our shoulder. Just as we do when we pick you up. You're just so cute! You love to read books. You sit there and point at the cows, ducks and your favorite, the doggy. You also fall asleep on your side now. You look so peaceful while you sleep. I can sit there and watch you for hours. You're so sweet. How I love you so.










You have a new favorite treat. It's called the pudding snack. I gave you a spoon and you went to town. You loved it. You spread that pudding all over your body, your hair, and even on mommy. I loved watching you eat it. And of course loved that you wanted to share with me. It was everywhere, but it was so much fun and very entertaining. After you painted your rendition of Vango off to the tub we went. You love the tubby. You would play in the tub all day if we let you. You talk, and splash around, and scream. I love the time I get to spend with you. It's the small moments that make motherhood so perfect.







On August 25th, I could hear you jabbering away. I went in to get you and there you were in all of your glory. Sitting up for the first time in your crib. And not only were you proud that you sat up, but you picked up your diaper and showed it to me. I was frantically looking everywhere for pee and poop and was relieved to find absolutely nothing. I was cracking up and so were you. I''m so proud of you for conquering yet another skill.





Uncle Ryan was in town for the weekend. We went to a few baseball games and boy did you have fun. Uncle Ryan bought you a Bee's outfit and boy were the fans all about you. They commented about how good you were through all nine innings, how cute you looked in your outfit, and how darling you were. A lady even took your picture with her phone because she said she has never seen a prettier baby. It was a really good time. We enjoyed having Uncle Ryan here.









You love to pull the wipes out of the package when we're not looking. You pull them out as fast as your little hands can go. This time I let you do it, just so I could catch the moment. And boy was it a moment.




I can't believe you're getting so big. It makes mommy sad. I know that growing up is inevitable but to actually sit back and watch it happen is a little heart breaking for me. I hope you grow up knowing how much we love you. You make our lives complete. Parenthood is one of the greatest things we have ever been able to do. Thank you for making us happy, and thank you for choosing us to be your mom and dad.


I love you to the moon and back,

Mom and Dad

1 comment: