February 6th, 2011 Your sweet dad gave you a blessing. It was a day I will never forget. You looked so cute. You had on white tights, a white bow, whites shoes, and a darling white dress. You were beaming with innocence. Words cannot express the feelings I felt that day. Your sweet Grandma Shapiro and Uncle Ryan came from Flagstaff for the big day. It was so great to have them with us. Oh how your Grandma Shapiro loves you. She just couldn't put you down. You smile so big every time you see her. Aunty KyKy also came from California to be with us on your special day. As well as many friends, aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a day I will never forget.
You have been doing a lot of new things. You put your tiny fingers in your mouth and gag yourself over and over until you puke! It's so cute. You're finding your thumb but your index finger always interferes just before you can figure it out. When it's time to eat, you recognize what the bottle is, and what it means. IT'S FEEDING TIME...... I put your bib around your neck and you kick your little legs and move your arms so fast in excitement. I love it. You're now eating close to 8 ounces in the morning time, 5 ounces in the afternoon, and around 4 ounces when you need a snack. You never cry unless your hungry or tired. You're such an amazing baby. You look around constantly, always making sure you know what's going on. Your dad will walk into a room and you will follow his every move. You have him wrapped around your little finger. I can see it now...YOU ASK....AND DADDY GIVES!! Oh the love he has for you is breath taking. I love to watch him talk to you, be with you, cuddle you and protect you. You love to listen to me sing. I start singing to you and you look at me and start to smile. It actually brings me to tears because it's so sweet.
On February 3rd, 2011 you got your shots. And you did such a very good job. I think I was more upset then you were. You cried for a few minutes and then you were fine. You gave me a half smile and I knew you were okay. Your smile makes the world go round!
We decided that you needed to meet your Great Grandma Parker. And of course she wanted to meet you. She hasn't been feeling well so we decided that we needed to take a trip to Eagar. So February 16th, 2011 we packed our bags and headed for Flagstaff, Arizona. I was nervous fearing that you would not do well on a 7 hour road trip, but boy did you surprise us. We woke up that morning, packed the car and I fed and bathed you. We put you in your car seat, and away we went. You fell asleep as we got on the freeway and I would check at each town. First it was Nephi, then Fillmore, then Beaver, then Panguitch, then onto Kanab, then Jacobs Lake. Now Jacobs Lake is two hours from Flagstaff and you decided that you needed to eat. We were truly amazed! You are such a sweetie and a great traveler. We finally arrived at Grandma and Grandpa Shapiro's, and boy were they excited to have us. I'm pretty sure all of the excitement had to do with you though. We were just the caretakers that brought you! haha! The next morning Grandma and Grandpa Shapiro, your Dad, and I all packed into the Escalade and off to Eagar we went. Again you were a great traveler and slept the whole way there. As we walked in, you met your Great Grandma. She was all smiles. She held you and said you were such a wiggly little thing. We stayed for a while and took many pictures, hugged and said our good byes. It was a memorable day, one we will never forget. Your Uncle Adam and Aunty Wow (Val) came to see you for the first time. And boy oh boy did they love you. Your Uncle Adam couldn't put you down and walked around with you when you got bored with sitting. You were the star of the show.
It was a great weekend with lots of laughs, food, and family time. I'm always sad when it's time to go home. But we will be back.
| Four Generations |
![]() |
| Uncle Adam and Aunty Wow (Val) |








I LOVE reading your blog posts. You write so beautifully. Little Kate is SO beautiful and SO precious. I sure love and miss you both.
ReplyDelete