On October 5th, 2010 I went to my Dr's. appointment. Of course I had to go to the bathroom and get weighed. (which I declined in looking, It's just better that way! ) We discussed how everything was moving along, we listened to the sweet and steady, fast heartbeat, AND THEN HE SAID...."Oh I thought you were 36 weeks but I was off a week, you are only 35 weeks"! THIRTY FIVE WEEKS!!! Do you know what a single week does for the psyche of a women in my condition? A LOT! I just calmly said "Ohhh okay". But in the back of my mind I was was furious!! After the anger passed (which it still hasn't) We began to talk about my hips. Most of you already know that I have had 4 major hip surgeries, 2 of which were done in San Diego. I had them both reconstructed about 10 years ago, the ball and socket did not fit together. I was on crutches for 8 months with one side and 6 months on the other. It was a 2 year process, one that I am grateful for, but the process was a long one. We decided, well the Dr. decided it would definitely be worth doing a C-Section. SAVE THE HIPS! So here I am, having baby Shapiro one week early! Now if I would have been 36 weeks instead of 35 I would be having this baby in 2 weeks and not 3! ( I know get over it ha ha! ) So November 3rd is the day!
We are really excited to see what she looks like, and especially to experience parenthood together. We are also very excited that Ben's mom and dad will be able to be here to experience the birth of their first grand baby!
What can I say......All around we are definitely one blessed group!


aww what a cute post!! You didnt mention me though that is coming for the baby!! bahahahahah live life!
ReplyDeleteTotally!!
ReplyDeleteyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! ( and you are right...1 week makes or breaks you as a mama! i am so sorry!) but, all i know are c-sections, and you and baby will do fabulous! i can't wait to meet the little sweetheart! xxoo
ReplyDelete